The last thing you want to see as you reach in your cabinet for some dinner plates is a roach, quickly crawling through your collection of freshly cleaned dishes…
Appetite is ruined and you’ve got some dishes to clean… again! Who knows how much “exploring” that roach did while the cabinets were closed.
And while you’re loading up the dishwasher for the second time today with roach glazed plates you think to yourself, “how can I keep these things out of my house? There has to be a way…”
First thing in the morning, you head to the phone and call the best pest control in Florence Alabama, Singing River Pest Control and we make our way over to provide you with a ROACH FREE home.
But not without leaving you with these 5 ways to get rid of roaches naturally in your home.
1. You’ve taken the first and most important step, which is calling a pest control team to kill any pests in your home. Let us do the dirty work for you and get rid of these roaches.
2. Clean Up At The End Of The Day. Roaches are attracted to food residue and grease so be sure to clean up after yourself and your family throughout the day and before bed. Wipe down your counters each night, stove tops, and sink each night of any grease.
If you have dirty dishes, get them out of the sink and into the dishwasher before the night is over. Keep your floors clear of crumbs and clean up any spills or grease spots that you notice. Taking action like this each day will help keep your home roach free.
3. Fill Cracks And Holes. This tip isn’t specific to roaches only. Like any pest control strategy you want to be sure to keep the entries into your home sealed. These unwanted pests will crawl through even the tiniest of holes or cracks.
Pick up a tube of caulk and start sealing any cracks. This is also important for apartment owners who have unclean neighbors either above or below them. There’s no reason you should have a roach problem because of your “dirty” neighbors.
4. Fix Water Leaks. Have you ever wondered why roaches are often found scurrying underneath your sink? It’s because they love moisture. Even the tiniest leaks will attract these pests.
Did you know that roaches can live months without food but only days without water? Hence their migration to leaks in the home. If you have any heavy moisture areas be sure to place natural roach bait (listed below) in the area and fix any leaky pipes if you need.
5. Natural Roach Killer. You can make your own natural roach killer to take down these intruders. Sure, we’ll bring in the big guns, but you can use this as a prevention technique.
Mix three parts boric acid with one part powdered sugar. The sugar lures the roaches, while the boric acid kills them. This mixture is not harmful to pets or humans but can cause irritation. Be sure to sprinkle this natural roach killer under the stove, sink, in cracks and alongside of your cupboards.
Enjoy these helpful tips from our team that passionately provides the best customer service and pest control in Florence Alabama.
It’s our pleasure to serve you!
For any pest control needs in Florence, Alabama and the surrounding cities, contact Singing River Pest Control at 256-394-0751